Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Made Alive

“And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins.” (Ephesians 2:1)

I was once a dead man
Dead in my trespass and sin
Cold, unfeeling
Without breath or blood
No song on my lips
No beat in my breast
No sight in my eyes
No warmth to the touch
I was a lie
A body with no soul
Creation in wilt
Form and no substance

I was once a stillborn
Brought forth unnaturally damned
A grave for my cradle
Innocence spurned
No promise of growth
No hope of affection
No dreaming of futures
No memories to build
I was surreal
A world turned sideways
Seed gone bad
A child of wrath

But God is a world full of mercy
His self-purposed love giving cause
Entirely by grace
And for His good pleasure
With life in His fingers
And fire in His eyes
With kingdoms to build
And kindness on tap
He made me alive
A breathing spirit
Garden restored
Life after death

“Lord God, we give thanks for life after death, for forgiveness of sins, for Your undying mercy, for grace and faith and Your holy purposes in and through Christ, in whose name we pray. Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment